This week I find myself becomming impatient. Apart of me has always struggled with being patient and having the ability to just "relax" and smelling the roses. Since moving to Savannah, I have done quite a bit of relaxing and doing the things I love. I found the mall and my favorite stores world market, home goods, and tjmaxx. My next order of business was to find and try all the local bakeries/cake/cupcake shoppes in Savannah. My favorite so far is "back in the day bakery". The couple who started the bakery made it from scratch literally. They even got married at the bakery. The cupcakes were to die for and they had coffee, tea, lemonade, pastries, and sandwiches. the best part was was the vintage sugary and sweet decorations of old baking utensils, banners, and old benches.
I had an interview for a job a couple of weeks ago and since then have been "patiently" waiting to hear back whether I got the position or not. The interview went awesome and I had a great feeling about it, but who knows how many other people interviewed for the position. While I was waiting to hear back about the job, I had an epipheny that I was going to work at the back in the day bakery and bake sweet decedant desserts until I could get the dream job I wanted working with people with disabilities.
Needless to say my dream of working at a bakery gave me something to think about and got me through, because I got a call back from United Cerebral Palsy of Georgia on Monday. They haven't told me for sure yet whether I got the job, but they are doing reference checks and doing a background check which seems to be a good sign :D woohoo!! I will keep everyone posted on the long hiring process until I actually get to start. Until then I will be getting ready for my classes by ordering my books!! I am thankful that I was able to have some time off from working and get settled in at my new home. And I am thankful that God provided me with a job so quickly at the same time. Everything happens through Him and in his time. For us waiting for something always seems like an eternity, but it is just a small amount of time to God.
When I was little, we used to sing: In His tiiiime...., in His tiiiime. He makes all things beautiful, in His tiiiiime....
ReplyDeleteSomething else and something else, but that was the gist and it seems appropriate for your waiting game, Van. :D
I remember that song Joyce! it is funny that we can relate everything back to when we were little just learning about our plans and his plans.
ReplyDelete