Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dear Teddy

Most of you are probably wondering where "Dear Teddy" came from...well that was my journal when I was in elementary school.  Last year when I was at home one weekend we found an old journal with a picture of a teddy bear on the front.  With each entry I wrote, "Dear Teddy".  I guess you could say that this blog is the adult 2010 verstion of my "Dear Teddy." 

It has come to my attention lately that myself and several of my friends have had negative experiences with facebook.  We often spend hours upon hours of time just reading up on everyone's life and their recent happenings just to realize that I did not do what I set out to do that day.  I have realized that there are many wonderful reasons that God created technology and the popular facebook and blogs.  We are able to keep in touch with family and friends from all over the world, which I have come to enjoy since moving to a new state.  Today, a facebook friend posted a thread about her friend/mother who had recently experienced several seizures and is in ICU.  I see these posts all the time on facebook, but do not always react to them.  For some reason this situation just hit me like a ton of bricks and I was extremely upset by the sad news.  This  family is hundreds of miles away from me, but I have been able to pray for them all day.  I have also been able to read her husbands blog and see his love for Christ and his faith that God will take care of them through this trial.  God allows us to lift each other up through facebook and his blog.     

No matter what the situation is or trial, God always has a plan.  God allows people to go through trials to grow immensely closer to Him and to gain a closer relationship with God.  When he tells us to do something, he does not always provide us with the reason.  It is human nature for us to ask why and demand an answer before we listen to Him.  I'm not sure if any of this makes sense, but I am going to share what I have learned from what I see and hear.  I don't know a lot but I try to piece everything together all with God's help.  I will also be sharing things that I learn through my counseling classes in graduate school.     

No comments:

Post a Comment